Identity theft and other hacking issues have gone up dramatically over the last few years. There were about 16.7 million people who were victims of identity theft in the United States in 2017. In fact, when asked, the top people at 300 companies around the country say that the security of their records is one of the top issues facing them today. If you are concerned about this for your company, using shredding machines is the way to go. Here are some of the benefits of going this route:
- You will have more peace of mind. Professional companies rely on commercial paper shredders that can handle all of your sensitive documents. These machines so completely destroy your files and materials that you can sleep better at night knowing that your documents have been dealt with appropriately.
- You can reduce your carbon footprint. One of the best things about shredding documents is that the resulting material is easy to recycle. The average American uses up to four pounds of paper each day. Shredded paper is easier for recycling plants to process and will not end up taking up space in our already overcrowded landfills. This material can also be used to make more paper and therefore paper manufacturing companies cut down fewer trees. This is a win-win for everyone involved.
- A commercial paper shredder can help you comply with state and federal regulations. There are a number of industries that are subject to governmental oversight regarding how they store and destroy documents. These include any company or office that handles medical, dental, legal, or financial information. By using a paper shredder including industrial shredder machines, you stay in compliance with these rules and regulations.
- You can give your customers and clients more peace of mind as well. It can be nerve-wracking not knowing what is happening with your sensitive medical, dental, legal, or financial information. It is reassuring to know that any documents containing that information are being destroyed by a company that uses high security paper shredders. This is also something you can use in your promotional materials so that you can show your clients just how careful you are with their sensitive information.
- You can free up space for other things. Storing information on paper is not an efficient use of your space and paper. When offices digitize their files, it makes it easier to search through the data to find what you need when you need it. You can also use all of the file cabinets for other things.
- Digital records can be more secure. This may seem counterintuitive but keeping records on paper may not be as safe as keeping that same information in the cloud. In fact, security experts recommend not writing down things like passwords because that is the least safe way to keep that information. By scanning all of your files and putting the paper records through an industrial shredder machine, you make everything in your office more secure.
- Your office space will look neater. When you have a lot of stray papers all over your workplace, it looks messy. By destroying all those papers in a shredder, the workplace environment will be cleaner and less cluttered.
Whether your business is subject to rules and regulations on the documents and information you work with or not, using shredder machines to safely and securely destroy data is a great idea. The right shredder company can help you do all of that.